Time-valued Random Act of Kindness You Can Do Right Now & Will Be Glad You Did
Do you have an elder in your life, a grandparent getting up there? Someone maybe hard of hearing and/or not particularly tech-fluent (as in not an emailer much) and feeling isolated?
- •Go buy a lovely blank card. 🎑Maybe also some pretty stickers. 🍃🍂🌿(Remember stickers? From when you were in preschool? Precursors to emoticons....)
- •Write a short, cheerful note of maybe 3 or 5 sentences. ✒️
- •Put it in the envelope, seal, write the name and street address of your ✉️elder on the front.Don't forget the zip code. Extra points for decorating envelope w the stickers.
- •Obtain and affix a postage stamp.Relics from the old days; available these days via ATM, fyi.
- •Mail. 📮📬Translation: push into mail slot at a post office or maybe you have a USPS outbox where you work. You'll figure this out.
- •It will be delivered to your elder in a couple of days. 👐 You will have made someone feel very good. 👴👵All the old people I know still check their mailbox every day. Usually there's nothing in the pile but junk. This will stand out and sparkle up everything and make a difference. Trust me!
- •Go, you! 👼🌿🌺🌼🌷 and in a couple of weeks? Repeat. Go, you again. xo