Vegan Chocolate Cake Made Directly in the Pan
No bowl, no mixer, almost no cleanup required. Short of the oven steps, it can be (and has been) made by a 6 year old.
- •Preheat the oven to 325F.
- •Add to an 8-inch square glass pan:
- •1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- •1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- •1 cup sugar
- •1/2 tsp salt
- •3/4 tsp baking soda
- •Mix slowly until uniformly blended.Cool thing about using a glass pan is that you can look through the bottom to make sure everything's blended.
- •Make 4 indentations: 2 large, 2 small.
- •Pour 1 cup water into one large dent.
- •Pour 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil into the other.
- •Pour 1 tsp vanilla into 1 small dent; 1tsp cider vinegar into the other.
- •Stir slowly in little circles w a fork to incorporate all the liquid.As it becomes batter, mash down w the fork as you stir and scrape. Keep going (stir, scrape, mash). When it's smooth, scrape the sides w a rubber spatula and neaten it up. Wipe the sides of the pan w a damp paper towel.
- •Bake 30 minutes.Or until the top is springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- •Cool for at least 15 minutes before diving in.🔪🍴⭐️⭐️⭐️