good squash recipes
I have tons of butternut squash in my garden and I'm determined to use it all and not get sick of it! There have been some close calls. Please feel free to add your favorite squash recipes!
- •butternut and cannellini gratinmade it last night, slam dunk: http://www.redonline.co.uk/health-self/nutrition/butternut-and-cannellini-gratin
- •roasted squash cobbler
- •squash, greens, quinoa fritters with sumac yogurtp. 106 in anna jones' book a modern way to cook
- •soupi kind of overdosed on this one though! http://mynameisyeh.com/mynameisyeh/2016/9/roasted-butternut-squash-soup-with-almond-ricotta-and-coconut-bacon
- •butternut queso
- •Pizza!I usually make a white bean purée for the "sauce" and then top that with roasted butternut squash slices (peel squash, halve it, and slice into 1/4 - 1/2" half moons before roasting), caramelized onions, and crispy sage.Suggested by @DG
- •Autumn Minestronewww.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/autumn-minestrone-102609 This soup is crazy healthful. I usually make it with delicata or acorn squash but my friend just made it with butternut & said it was 👌🏼Suggested by @shash
- •this is like mac and cheese but vaguely healthier?Suggested by @kaelyn
- •butternut squash apple souphttps://www.mynewroots.org/site/2015/11/butternut-squash-leek-and-apple-soup/ there's a million squash apple soups, but my favorite thing about this one is the bold spices (cardamom, cumin, star anise). p.s. I fucking love lists.
- •This pizza 🙏🏻Suggested by @a20something
- •thai-style kabocha squash and eggs (I've made it with butternut before and liked it)http://shesimmers.com/2013/04/stir-fried-pumpkin-with-eggs-%E0%B8%9C%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%9F%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%AA%E0%B9%88%E0%B9%84%E0%B8%82%E0%B9%88.html
- •roast it, stack itI've roasted thick slices of it (olive oil, salt + pepper) before and topped it with really creamy/thick homemade hummus and a poached or soft fried egg and chives. I really like that.