THINGS FARMERS DO IN THE WINTER
"what does your husband do in the winter?" is a question i get all the time and it is a v valid question!
- •paperworkthere is A LOT OF PAPERWORK
- •fix the tractorsif there is a breakdown during the farming season, there usually isn't enough time to fix it completely, so they do quick fixes and then wait until the winter to do the real fixes
- •go to arizona(or other places... but farmers around here usually go to arizona) there is some time to travel during the farming season, but it can be risky to plan a big trip during then because the farming season is so unpredictable
- •teach/learnabout any number of farming things, like marketing, soils, welding, technology, business management...
- •take up a hobby/play the trombonesince there is usually no time for this during the farming season
- •go to farming conferencesand show off your new shiny pickup (or in the case of my husband, his 1996 buick lesabre)