THINGS THAT CROSS OVER FROM THE FARM TO THE ORCHESTRA PIT TO THE FOOD BLOGGING WORLD
(Besides me!) As requested by @donnie!
- •A LOT of alone timeThe practice room, the kitchen, the tractor. All very solitary places. There's room to get really awkward if you don't force yourself to be around people. (In other words, I'm extra awkward irl.)
- •You can get away with looking like a slob on a regular basisTechnically you have to wear all black in the orchestra pit, but it's not really cool to launder your orchestra clothes.
- •An appreciation for food
- •But not a huge emphasis on healthUnless you're a healthy food blogger, and I guess a healthy food farmer... Ok there are tons of exceptions, but most of the farmers in my area eat like poop (despite how much care they put into growing their crops) and most of the bloggers I follow do donuts more than vegetables
- •You work on weekends
- •You've gotta hustle if you're gonna make a living
- •They're all worth the hustleBecause they're fun and there are tons of perks, like sugar beet seed swag, concert tickets, endless wine shipments, and dutch ovens...