WHAT I AM PLANNING TO DO IN PORTLAND TODAY
I am dressed for the rain, caffeined up, and ready for this!
- •Read the tahini chapter in the Zahav cookbook at Powell'sAnd maybe/probably buy it. I am undecided on whether or not I want to carry it around all day with me.
- •Convert my capsule wardrobe to accommodate cold weatherThis has me extremely excited! My first stop will be Frances May.
- •Get a haircut at Rudy'sMy hair girl in North Dakota moved (I think?) and I'm a little afraid to try anyone new there so I'm going to put my trust in stylish Portland people.
- •Go "prop sourcing" (dishes shopping) at Canoe and all of the other cute lookin storesAny suggestions??
- •Drink all of the coffee that I please before noon
- •Eat the tahini chocolate bar and drink the switchel that I just purchased at World FoodsWhat a wonderful store!!!!!!!!! They have frozen jachnun and malawah and an entire halva section. I was a little bit disappointed in their tahini selection but the halva section made up for it.
- •Go to PenzeysAnd look at all of the spices that I don't need.
- •Eat Japanese foodUsually when I go to a new city I hunt down the best Middle Eastern food but I think Japanese food is What You Eat When You Go To Portland... right? Maybe?