How to Subvert a Boring Meeting
It's possible to entertain yourself in even the most boring of meetings. Trust me I know.
- •When you speak, do not utter any word containing the letter "e".
- •Sync your breathing with the person sitting next to you.
- •Reinvent your signature.
- •Pick a person in the room and mirror her body language. Don't worry—no matter how obvious you are, she will never notice.
- •Compose haiku odes about coworkers. (This elicits a combination of frantic scribbling and staring off into space that will make you seem like an engaged participant.)