CURRENT TV OBSESSIONS
I work in TV. I watch TV. I talk about TV.
- •Better Call SaulTo be honest, I don't love it. I loved Breaking Bad so much I keep thinking something OMG worthy is going to happen soon and I need to be there when it does.
- •Friday Night LightsI know. I'm very late to this one. I tried to avoid it but finally caved. Now I find myself staying up late to see what happens next with the Dillon Panthers.
- •Broad CityHands down the funniest show on TV. If you don't like this show we probably won't ever be good friends.
- •Last Week Tonight with John OliverRecently went back to watching this and it is brilliant. You learn, you laugh, you become more disgusted with America.
- •BasketsLouie Anderson plays the mom. That is all.
- •Schitt's CreekDiscovered this during a trip to Montreal. It's hard to find in the states (what the hell is Pop TV?) but it's worth every gray hair as I navigate the horrible On Demand menus.
- •Jackie Robinson DocumentaryHis relationship with his wife chokes me up. On a video-nerd level I'm also amazed at how crisp the archival footage is.
- •SNLIt's hit or miss. Some weeks I'm shaking my head wondering how Loren let a skit go on the live show, and before Weekend Update nonetheless. There are some real comedic stars and I have discovered a lot of new great music acts from the show.
- •Next up, TV shows I'm starting soon and TV shows I will never get into (I'm looking at you Downton Abbey)