REASONS I HAVEN'T PUT UP MY CHRISTMAS TREE
There are currently 12 days until Christmas
- •I'm busy as F*&k
- •I haven't planned out the perfect corner in my living room to move all the furniture out that I previously planned to perfectly fit in that space, and have no other place in the house to put it.
- •Every day I realize Christmas is soooo close. If I do it now I'll just have to take it down soon.who am I kidding? I'm not taking that tree down until after MLK day...he fought for me to have that right.
- •It's 70 degrees in DC this weekend! I'm fairly sure this is a sign that the world is ending and I don't want to spend my last few moments inside decorating a tree. I need to be at brunch with a bloody mary and sunglasses.
- •My daughter is 2 years old and I have nightmares where I come downstairs and find her crushed under the Christmas tree with just her pink sparkle shoes showing, Wizard of Oz style.If this were to happen there would be a 95% chance it was her fault for the tree falling, 4% chance the dog did it purposefully, and 1% chance I didn't screw the base tight enough. That 1% is what gives me nightmares.
- •It's nice to have a "no-santa zone" established in one area of your life.
- •I thrive on the pressure of a deadline. I'll be frantically throwing tinsel everywhere on Christmas Eve so I can prove to my parents I'm a real adult when they come over for Christmas dinner.