THE HONEY IS HERE!!!
As requested by @ameliaville After months of mourning the loss of his colony, my husband decided to harvest honey from our backyard hive.
- •The bees really do the heavy lifting by doing what they do. Let's call that a precursor to the steps below.
- •Step 1: Watch a lot of honey extraction videos online. It's beekeeper porn.
- •Step 2: Scrape the capped honeycomb into a bucket.
- •Step 3: Test a toddler's nerves by daring her to touch the "bee juice"
- •Step 4: Break up the comb by squeezing it with your hands to release the honey.
- •Step 5: MacGyver yourself a honey funnel and strainer.
- •Step 6: Wait. A long time.
- •The tiny bits of comb will filter out.
- •Leaving behind pure honey
- •Step 7: Put into tiny bear bottles because it's freakin' adorable.