Why I ❤️ Steel Magnolias
The women. The hair. The one liners. The terrible accents (I'm looking at you Julia Roberts). Pure gold!
- •"If you can't say anything nice about anybody come sit by me"
- •Sally Field/M'LynnThere's something about this woman I love. She's understated and brilliant in every role.
- •"What's wrong with you these days? You got a reindeer up your butt?"
- •Shirley MacLaine/OuiserI dare you to name a better female movie character. I want to be her friend just so she can rip me a new one every day.
- •"You are too twisted for color TV"
- •Dolly Parton/TruvyShe's basically playing herself and I couldn't ask for more.
- •"Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion"
- •The funeral scene...Now that I think about it, this is my favorite scene from any movie.
- •First, Sally's monologue...Grab a box a tissue and prepare for an emotional roller coaster.
- •Then the comic reliefClairee and Ouiser should have gotten their own sequel.
- •"Eat shit and die"