Best Picture Winners That I Like and/or Love
Disclaimer: there are a lot that I haven't scene. Actually, every best picture winner that I have scene is on this list except Titanic. *My absolute favorites
- •It Happened One Night (1934)Imitation of Life should have won though. Also, this movie is extremely misogynistic.
- •Rebecca* (1940)So much yes. Possibly my favorite Hitchcock film. I'm not even upset that it beat The Philadelphia Story.
- •The Lost Weekend (1945)Ray Milland.
- •Hamlet (1948)I haven't seen the whole thing, but what I have seen was very atmospheric and I love it.
- •All About Eve (1950)Bette Davis.
- •Marty (1955)I love Ernest Borgnine in this.
- •The Apartment* (1960)Sarcastic, cynical, and hopeful. Altogether perfect. Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine are the cutest couple.
- •West Side Story (1960)The only thing that could make this better would be a Puerto Rican actress playing Maria. Or if it was just about Anita.
- •The Sound of Music (1965)Julie Andrews. Christopher Plummer.
- •The Sting (1973)To be honest, it could have been better, but Paul Newman and Robert Redford are in it, so it doesn't really matter.
- •Ordinary People (1980)Donald Sutherland. Mary Tyler Moore. Judd Hirsch.
- •Out of Africa* (1985)Meryl Streep and Robert Redford are as amazing as always. It has the most beautiful musical score I have ever heard.
- •Forrest Gump (1994)I don't know how, but it manages to seamlessly put together what would usually be too many plot points to make a beautiful movie.
- •Slumdog Millionaire (2008)So wonderful and colorful.
- •The Artist* (2011)One of the best silent films ever made. The nightmare scene with sound is brilliant. Why aren't more people doing this?