MUSIC I'M INTO THESE DAYS
My musical taste is all over the place and not necessarily typical for my age.
- •Simon & GarfunkelMy overall favorite song of theirs is Bridge Over Troubled Water, but my current fave is Bleecker Street. I like their solo music, too.
- •John WilliamsAnything and everything by Johnny. My favorite of his scores are The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and Jurassic Park. I can wait for his score for The Force Awakens!
- •The B-52'sThey're like an old sci-fi B-movie. My favorite songs of theirs are Junebug and Roam.
- •Lady GaGaMy current fave is Disco Heaven.
- •TchaikovskyMy favorites are Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-Flat Minor, Op. 23:1 Allegro non troppo e molto maestoso - Allegro con spirito; Marche Slave, Op. 31; Swan Lake; and Sleeping Beauty. (Side note: I was the only one in my Intro to Creative Arts class that looked forward to and enjoyed our two music events, a freaking organ concert and a Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra concert in which they played Tchaikovsky, that I know of. Are these not awesome? Uncultured swine.)
- •John BarryHis Out of Africa score is my all time favorite film score and has been since before I even saw the movie. It's just so beautiful. Plus, that movie starred Meryl Streep and Robert Redford, so 💯.
- •James HornerWillow is my favorite score of his. His music is one of two reasons that I ever watch Avatar; the other is Sigourney Weaver. I was looking forward to many more years of new music from him.
- •Jerry GoldsmithMy favorite scores from him are Planet of the Apes and Star Trek: First Contact. The latter hits me right in those alien and Picard feels.
- •ABBAWho doesn't love ABBA?
- •James BondI couldn't care less about the movies, but for some unknown reason I love a lot of the theme songs, from the original theme by Monty Norman/John Barry to You Only Live Twice, Diamonds are Forever, and Live and Let Die. I really don't like those movies though.
- •Closing Time by SemisonicAlways and forever my favorite song since I was a wee child. It was one of my best friend's, who I lost last May, favorite songs, too, so sometimes it's just too much to listen to, but I can't help but smile remembering how she would message me when she was listening to it. ❤️