Songs I Can Confidently Belt the F*** Out Of
Inspired by @marymurphy
- •"Paradise by the Dashboard Light" - MeatloafA classic tradition among the most elite leaders of NJ at the camp I refer to in: Another GD Listroduce in Your Feed??
- •"Thunder Road" - The Boss (Bruce...come on now)Most often shown off at a family wedding whilst waiting for transportation... I wish we could post videos.
- •"Take Me Home, Country Roads" - John DenverOnce upon a time my family of 30 thought Thanksgiving at my uncle's 2-bedroom West Virginia hunting cabin was a good idea. Two RV's, some slight burns to my aunt's arm, and several cases of beer later, this song became forever imbedded in Griffiths family history.
- •"Hold On" - Wilson PhillipsOne time I played this eight times in a row at work on the jukebox. By the third time bar customers were clapping along; on the fifth, drunk men joined in singing; by the seventh everyone was tired. I know all the "Bridesmaids" 'dance moves'.
- •"My Shot" - HamiltonOr basically anything from Hamilton. BUT YES, I CAN RAP THE WHOLE THING IF U WERE WONDERING.
- •"Open Arms" OR "Faithfully" - JourneyTwo instrumentally perfect slow jams. You can cry to it, you can dance to it with scarves, you can scream it for fun. The options are endless my friends.
- •"Total Eclipse of the Heart" - Bonnie TylerSomewhere on the Internet, there is a video of me and my friends singing this - age 14-16 - in someone's bedroom. It ends with a blanket hitting the ceiling fan and whipping around, knocking the camera over. DONT LOOK FOR IT.
- •"Juliet" - LMNTI used to daydream about the cutest nerd in my class singing this to me while on the bus listening to my bulky CD player.
- •"Galway Girl" - MundyWhen I actually went to Galway and lived out my "P.S. I Love You" (tried to) fantasy, I was told 'Americans ruined this song' idc still fun as hell to sing.
- •"Build Me Up Buttercup" - The FoundationsThis was my first dance recital performance ever
- •"Everyday" - HSM2/ any song from all threeI am always Gabriella and my sister is always Troy. Duh
- •"Alone" - Celine DionLast time I went "all-out" singing this, I lost my voice.
- •"Runaways" - The KillersWill always be the best "Windows-down-late-warm-night tune.