Already on li.st? Open in app.
Anything over $50 is fancy, IMO. Prices vary from state to state, of course.
- •Four Roses Small BatchThe best. This is my house bourbon. High in the content (which makes it spicy!), yet caramel-y.
- •Weller Special ReserveSure, if you can find the 12 year, you should get that, but the standard green label is solid, especially since you can usually find a 1.75 L for under $30.
- •Elmer T LeeThe only reason this one is "not so fancy" is price. It's actually hard to find, but shockingly inexpensive.
Anything over $50 is fancy IMO. And I'm not a 60 year old dude, so I didn't include Pappy (or any of his antique friends). 😵
- •Elijah Craig Barrel ProofThis is only released once or twice a year, but the wait list usually isn't long. I take the whole year to drink mine- it starts evolving as soon as you open the bottle, so every glass is a little different.
- •Four Roses Small Batch Limited EditionThe 2015 release is creamy and rich, almost sweet. Dessert whiskey, for sure.
- •Belle Meade Sherry CaskThis is a great example of delicious whiskey that's sourced from a large producer and transformed into something singular. Round vanilla with a little spice and a slight sherry taste at the very end.
- •Noni's: The PatriciaMy first sandwich love.
- •Ticonderoga Club: SpiedieApparently a spiedie is "a thing" in New York State, but this is the only one I've ever had and it's so tasty. Slightly crispy grilled chicken and perfectly toasted bread. Just a pleasant sandwich.
- •Star Provisions: Shrimp Po-BoyAm I basic? Maybe, but it's just so good. Solid pickles at this place too.