BOOKS THAT I FOUND TEDIOUS TO READ
Some books I've read and I didn't like it, and some others that I couldn't even finish.
- •Justine, by the Marquis de Sade. I didn't finish this one, I hated all the moral speeches and also the writing structure. It is not divided in chapters, what makes it difficult to read also.
- •1Q84, by Haruki Murakami. I felt like this novel lacks of drama, it was boring to read. I had so many expectations over this title. Fun fact: my sister loved it.
- •Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley. Another novel full of moral speeches. The worst part was whenever the monster appeared.
- •Dracula, by Bram Stoker. Personally, I prefer the film adaptation by Francis Ford Coppola.
- •Uncle Sam's Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe. I decided to read it after a friend told me that she cried reading that book. At the end I dropped it after the first twenty pages.
- •A Happy World, by Aldous Huxley. This book wasn't bad, I think it has a lot of highlights, but I didn't feel particularly excited.
- •Metamorphosis, by Franz Kafka. Another book I had high expectations on. Even though it's really short, it took me a while to finish it, because I didn't like it.