THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN MY FIRST TWO WEEKS AS A COOK
I tried cooking for the first time in nine years. This is what happened.
- •I found out my olive oil expired in 2013Whoops
- •I broke a knife while cutting an avocadoLike blade broke clean from the handle, like normal
- •People apparently just know how to peel a squashI bought a peeler, next time it will be easier
- •People apparently just know what 1/4 of an inch isI measure everything in centimeters. Like when the weather report says three feet of snow I'm like, "whoa there's like fifty centimeters out there!" I don't understand measurements.
- •Cook/prep times are a joke, lolLol where has my night gone
- •What the eff is mincingI actually knew how to do this. My dad was a chef and this is the only thing he taught me.
- •I now own a food processorAnd a grater and a mini blender and spiralizer that I returned for a snow shovel but I have some regrets about that now because spiralizing things just looks super fun
- •Chickpea flourI couldn't find this so I got whole wheat flour. That'll be fine.
- •Apple pie spiceI also couldn't find this so I got pumpkin pie spice. They're both pies, that'll be fine too