How To Attend A Movie
I live in Canada and since Cineplex pretty much has a monopoly on cinemas here, this list is based on going to the movies at a Cineplex theatre.
- •Become a Scene member.Scene members get points with each movie ticket purchase and save 10% off concession snacks. It's free to join, and you can have your card stored on your phone.
- •If the movie is offered in AVX or IMAX, you can select your seats before you get to the theatre (though it costs slightly more).This is a small thing that makes a big difference. You don't have to arrive as early to the theatre to get good seats. And if the showtime is overbooked, you can just select a different one that has the seats you want.
- •Purchase your ticket online and print off at the theatre.It's costs the same, but it saves you a bunch of time at the theatre if it's on a busy day/time. There are special terminals where you enter your confirmation code and it automatically prints off your tickets. It takes 15 seconds.
- •Pick up some snacks before you get to the theatre.Theatre snacks cost an arm and a leg, but if you stop off at Walmart beforehand, you'd probably be able to get the same snack for half the price. Make sure that the packaging doesn't make crunching sounds, especially when it's hidden in a pocket or your purse because the ticket-taker may have something to say.
- •Arrive at the theatre at least 30 minutes before your showtime.Add more time if your going during Friday or Saturday after 6 P.M.
- •If you have a small bladder, go to the bathroom before the movie.The whole movie experience is completely ruined if you have to go to the bathroom. You get up, possibly annoy the people you have to walk past, and you end up missing at least 5 minutes of the movie, most likely more.
- •Download and play Timeplay.It's a game that uses the theatre screen with your phones app to play the game. The questions centre around movies and movie trivia. If you score in the top ten, you get Scene points and possible other perks.
- •Try your best to not eat popcorn during the preshow.I usually only have enough popcorn for the first 40 minutes of the movie because I'm snacking during the preshow.
- •Same thing, but for your drink.
- •Don't use your phone after the lights dim.Don't be a Tommy Texter.
- •Enjoy the show!