ONE TREE HILL CHARACTERS, RANKED
The show with no decent parents, in a town where almost everyone was related somehow and nobody locked their doors. Also, fuck Nannie Carrie and Dan. Ick 😖 would love to hear other opinions! Oh, and feel free to judge me for this list. I'm embarrassed to have made it.
- •Brooke DavisBrooke Davis came such a long way during this series. From the skanky, selfish girl in season 1, to the classy, selfLESS girl in season 9, Brooke's character transformed in a way we all wish we could. She always said the honest things you wish you could say to people, and wasn't afraid to stand up for any injustices. Also, if I could be Sophia Bush for just 3 seconds, I would be satisfied.
- •WhiteyHe was the man. He meddled a lot, but it was always with the best intentions, and proved to be oddly successful.
- •Lucas ScottOkay, it is hard for me to be objective about him. I loved and rooted for him along the way, but he made some seriously big jackass decisions that kind of got swept under the rug. Cheating on girlfriends and almost killing a couple of people. No biggie. If he had just stayed with Peyton from the beginning, we probably would have avoided a lot of these issues. Gotta love this guy's heart, though.
- •Nathan ScottThis dude was constantly apologizing. He made a lot of mistakes along the way, but I think he always had good intentions. The only redeeming quality of Haley's was that she turned Nathan around and helped him become a decent human being. His character and Brooke's seemed to follow a similar path, and I was happy to see that things worked out for him.
- •Keith ScottStand-up guy. Wish he didn't die off, but it allowed for so many important storylines
- •Peyton SawyerI mean, I am all team Peyton&Lucas, but she was never my favorite character. She went through a lot during this series, but always faced the tough times confidently. The whole brother Derek thing was kind of obnoxious-hello, webcams can be scary shit-but she dealt with it in the badass way she always did. Peyton was kind of a paradox-the while cheerleader vs. loner artist thing, but it worked for her. She has the best terrified face in the cast, though.
- •Haley James ScottLeast favorite of the main 3 girls. I tried to like her repeatedly, but she always seemed to jump to conclusions without hearing everyone out. Kind of like she was on a high horse. I don't know. I've always struggled to find the good in her character. The whole leaving for her music career and ALWAYS giving Nathan shit was a pain, plus the whole "I'm a smart good girl but oops here's a jock let's throw my life out the window" thing during HS was frustrating, too.
- •Karen RoeA strong woman, but I wasn't a huge fan for some reason. Maybe because she liked to just peace out here and there during the series? Like I know your life was hard, but like hello? What about your kid? Oh well, Keith loved her and Lucas was raised by her, so she must be pretty great.