WRITING AN EMAIL TO A COWORKER WHEN YOU THINK YOU'RE NOT WRONG
Ever sit in a meeting where someone tells you you're wrong? Instead of insisting you're right, jot yourself a note to email them later.
- 1.Write the facts down right after the meeting so you'll remember.
- 2.Draft your email.
- 3.Leave it in your inbox overnight.
- 4.Review in the morning.
- 5.Remove phrases like "I'm pretty sure I'm right" and "are you sure?"
- 6.Add phrases like " I think I may have misunderstood..." Or "can you explain xyz to me?"
- 7.Repeat step 3
- 8.Repeat step 4
- 9.Double check the info and your understanding of the information.
- 12.Repeat step 3.
- 13.Repeat step 4.
- 14.Repeat step 9.
- 15.Close the email nicely by saying something like "thanks for your help!"