Shit People Need to Stop Giving Me
- •Dish towels.27 and counting. We have a dishwasher. I am not the sort of woman who uses holiday-themed dish towels, table cloths, serving bowls, etc. FFS, Ma and Mother-in-law, STOP with the dish towels. For real.
- •Throw blankets.These were awesome when we first bought our house, but much like the dish towels, we do not need annual replenishment.
- •Anything scented.Lotions, candles, fragrance diffusers... Please let me select my own stink.
- •Socks.I hate socks. They make me feel like my feet are being mugged. I only wear them when I'm going outside in weather below 20 degrees F. Which is not that often, even though I live in New England. Keep all your socks.
- •Reusable bags.Yes, I reuse bags. And now I have reusable bags from all the local grocery stores, Whole Foods, and various non-profits, as well as myriad other places I have never heard of and will likely never visit. Enough.
- •Bags of crap. Especially from the Christmas Tree Shop.This is my husband's addition. Largely because his parents will show up at our house and say, "We brought you a bag of crap from CTS." "We generate enough crap on our own," he says. True.