My Favorite Websites that are not Reddit
Reddit is probably the website that I spend most of my internet time on, but here are a few other websites that I love! Some of these are probably better classifieds as web apps than websites, but the point remains the same - they are not reddit.
- 1.CodepenI use Codepen to find inspiration as well as test out ideas for coding projects I’m doing. I love this site so much and tend to use it frequently. https://codepen.io/
- 2.c9This is an cloud development environment. This is one of the nicest ways to collaborate with friends on coding projects. I don’t have any friends, but if I did and they knew coding, I could certainly imagine us using this. Currently I like to use it as a way to show off projects to clients. https://c9.io/
- 3.GitHubThis is a great resource for coding projects as well as an excellent place to store repositories of things you are working on. https://github.com/
- 4.xKCDFavorite webcomic, tends to have interesting and thoughtful meanings behind the jokes. https://xkcd.com/
- 5.CodyHouseA free library of HTML, CSS, and JS code nuggets. This is more like a blog that shows you have to make really nice looking user interfaces. https://codyhouse.co/
- 6.4USXUSThat is “For Us, by Us” This is a fairly new social-political platform where you can view bills that are currently in process, vote on them, then get to see how compatible you are with your elected representatives. https://4usxus.com/
- 7.Team TreehouseI use this site to learn about web design and application development. It has tons of awesome courses on Android development, iOS development, Web Design, Application Design, Ruby on Rails, PHP, etc… https://teamtreamhouse.com/
- 8.I Check MoviesThis website let's you check off which movies you have seen. It is sort of fun to keep track of these things to me for some reason. https://ICheckmovies.com
- 9.Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, YouTubeI conscientiously decided not to subscribe to television services such as Dish Network, DirecTV or Comcast Cable and try to obtain media through legal means, so a cocktail of videostreaming services is how I get by.
- 10.Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, PinterestI don’t honestly think I like any of these sites, but I do visit frequently and try to be interactive on them.
- 11.Oh no he dint