What My Last Meal Request Would Be
This was a list request from @cordeliane and well, I hadn't really ever thought about it. So I took to Google to find out what other death row inmates had requested as their last meal to find out what was popular. Here are a few selections from http://www.famouslastmeals.com, which is apparently an actual website.
- •Cheese Doodles and Coca ColaThis was the last meal of Velma Barfield, convicted murderer who received the lethal injection on November 2, 1994. I'm not quite sure if I'd go for this personally, though it is an interesting choice.
- •Fried Chicken, Buttered Peas, German Chocolate Cake and Dr. PepperThis was the choice of Julian Clifton Jr. and Charles J. Lewis, who received the lethal injection on September 23, 2010. I'm definitely a fan of this, and plus you get 23 extra flavors by choosing the Dr. Pepper.
- •2 Slices of Cheese Pizza and 2 cups of coffeeThe last meal of Sandra Lindsey, who also was sentenced to death by lethal injection - which occurred on July the 6th, 1999. Cheese pizza is a little pain to me, I would probably want something extra on there, such as pepperoni or bacon.
- •2 pints of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice CreamThis was the choice for last meal (or should I say dessert) for Oklahoma City Bomber, Timothy McVeigh. He was put to death June 11, 2001. That's definitely the a good choice for someone with a sweet tooth!
- •Garden Salad with Ranch Dressing, Banana, and a PeachKarla Faye Tucker requested this healthy selection on her judgement day, February 3, 1998. I'm not sure I'd settle for this, though you gotta admit the commitment to healthy living!
- •Bacon, Sausage, Fried Eggs, Hash Browns, Buttered Toast, and Chocolate MilkThis was the most important meal of Mark Dean Schwab's execution day, July 1, 2008. I have a feeling Ron Swanson's last meal would be similar, buy with a lot more bacon and eggs
- •Steak, Fried Chicken, Cherry Kool-Aid, and Pecan PieOH YEAH! This was the choice of Ricky Ray Rector before he got the lethal injection on January 24th, 1992. I guess this isn't the worst time to drink the Kool-Aid.
- •Five GuysAs for me I'd probably hit up Five Guys if I was on my way to the chair. Bacon Cheeseburger, Cajun Fries and a Cherry Coke.