BOOKS I HAVE READ MORE THAN ONCE
I love to read so damn much
- •The ImajicaClive Barker was insanely and darkly creative. His stories taught me to look at fantasy and horror in a new way.
- •The Great and Secret ShowMore of Clive Barker's wild darkness.
- •The Chronicles of NarniaC. S. Lewis's sweet, simple telling of traditional fantasy. I have passed on the same boxed set of well-worn paperbacks I had as a child to my children.
- •Out of the Silent PlanetPart one of C.S. Lewis's space trilogy, in which the hero visits Mars.
- •PerelandraPart two of C. S. Lewis's space trilogy, the setting of this book is a new Eden on Venus. Brilliant, the best of the series, my favorite Lewis, and one of my favorite books ever. Sweet, heartbreaking, and epic. I've read this four or five times. I want to re-read the third book, "That Hideous Strength." It's very good, but uncharacteristically dense.
- •The Great DivorceC. S. Lewis's dream of heaven.
- •The Old Man And The SeaErnest Hemingway's allegorical fishing journey. Pretty sure everyone has read it. A master class in writing.
- •God Bless You, Mr. RosewaterKurt Vonnegut. Satire, comedy, drama, tragedy. Please read him.
- •SlapstickMore Kurt Vonnegut. I will read and re-read this sad, funny, brilliant man until I die.
- •The StandWeren't all teenage boys into Stephen King in the 80's? This was my favorite.