Best Music Videos That Steal From Artists
Good artists copy. Great artists steal.
- •Miley Cyrus "Dooo it"The video that inspired this list. Let's hope Marilyn Minter is flattered.
- •Beyoncé "Countdown"Beyonce admitted she was inspired by Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker for this one. (And there's lots of bob fosse in there too).
- •Nicki Minaj "The Boys"Kind of a brilliant meeting of the minds. Is there anyone better suited to borrowing from Yayoi Kusama's cartoonish polka dots than Minaj these days?
- •Madonna "Hollywood"Guy Bourdin sued. Madonna settled. Everyone's happy?
- •Rihanna "S&M"Another one that got settled out of court. Congrats David LaChapelle.
- •Drake "Hotline Bling"James Turrell-approved even though he denies any involvement in this video.
- •Lady GagaHard to choose one. She is a prolific and varied thief - everyone from Damien Hirst to Marina Abramovic to Kenneth Anger to French performance artist Orlan (who also sued).