Allow Me to Listroduce™ Myself
Inspired by @sophiedushko
- •Amateur calligrapherFor about 2 years now. I've really come to enjoy it as a relaxing, creative hobby. To wit:
- •Literature teacherAn IB lit teacher, no less. I have three cohorts running right now, reading (in ascending order) "The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian," "Flowers for Algernon," and "Hamlet". What a rush.
- •American expatI've been living in Japan since 2000, and I'm doing pretty well I think. My Japanese is still awful, though. Probably because...
- •Factory-Model IntrovertI'm not a big fan of socializing, so I don't get a lot of practice with the language. My ideal evening is one at home.
- •Eldest brotherEldest of four, and all my siblings are awesome.
- •Partner... Boyfriend... SomethingWe've been together for over a decade, so Boyfriend sounds a little flippant. We can't get married here, so Husband is out. And Partner sound like I'm in a law firm.
- •Pet ownerOne rescued black cat (Cooper) and a pug (Milo). Together, they fight crime.
- •Superhero fanFor as long as I can remember - my favorites would require another list. DC partisan until comics went digital and I was able to really discover Marvel.
- •ReaderNot as much as I used to be, thanks to work. But I still hold books and reading in the highest regard.