WHAT I WANTED TO BE GROWING UP, CHRONOLOGICALLY
- •BallerinaWhen I was 5, my Kindergarten teacher assigned us cubbies using pictures with our names on them: cowboys, ballerinas, firemen, that sort of thing. I don't remember mine but my step cousin got the ballerina. I was so jealous! The dream died when my 1st grade teacher wrote on my report card that I had a distinct lack of coordination.
- •LawyerI briefly flirted with this idea at a very young age. Much like my relationships, though, it went nowhere.
- •TeacherI later got my B.Ed. But I'm not a teacher.
- •WriterMy greatest regret is that I don't have the self-discipline and thick skin this requires. But I do have the need for a roof over my head.
- •LibrarianI have my MLIS, and this is my current dream. Where are the jobs?