THINGS THAT SEEM NATURAL TO DO WHILE I LISTEN TO THIS SAM SMITH ALBUM DURING A THUNDERSTORM
- •Watch the rain patter against this basement window. Feel nostalgic about driving around at night with the windows down in high school.
- •Flip through old, previously-read books as I try to decide what to cull from the library (never gonna give you up WIND-UP BIRD CHRONICLE!).
- •Consider how psyched some hipsters will be when they find all of these kickass books at the Goodwill.
- •Practice my falsetto with zero embarrassment.
- •Make a new playlist of Roy Orbison songs. He was amazing, btw. Where the fuck is his big-budget biopic? Just sayin.
- •Remember how creepy that scene in BLUE VELVET was & appreciate Dean Stockwell.
- •QUANTUM LEAP was a pretty good tv show, right? Was I too dumb to know better at the time?
- •Start a petition to ask Sam Smith if he'd do an album of Marvin Gaye or Tom Waits covers, or both.
- •Leave it on 'repeat' until the rain stops.