Gratefulness Made Specific, Bernal Heights 2015
Everyone's grateful for their loved ones. Valid. I need to create a super specific list about my gratitude to this guy. I live with him. The year is 2015.
- 1.You have not left.That's big. Your wife has worked at 3 startups in 2 years, has announced to the world she has anxiety, figuring it out through trial and error. You? Hanging in there, patiently.
- 2.You've stuck to every marriage vow.Esp the one about singing little songs and making me (and now our daughter) laugh every day. "Wake up wake up you little sleepy head and get those little buns out of bed"
- 3.You question the status quo thoughtfully.It's a good trait. Doesn't always seem easy, but in the long run, so needed. Who else knew that creating a digital Shabbat was a smart idea and FB should only be on laptops two years ago?
- 4.When you pose for pictures you make me laugh.
- 5.And this.
- 6.And even this.
- 7.All kids love you and you are comfortable with them in a way I can only be with ours, for the most part.
- 8.Your disposition is the opposite of mine. I am hummingbird and you are the panda bear. The hummingbird is very grateful for the panda's focus, esp when it comes to making meals and getting their birdbear daughter to school.
- 9.You're very tall.Means you feel like a wall. That's reassuring. I am grateful for it, even tho you had nothing to do with it.
- 10.You are cleaning the bathroom right now at this moment. Not kidding. Serious gratitude for that.
- 11.For all of these things, I am very specifically grateful to you, man I live with.