One Small Fact for 80's Kids Who Remember the Movie Cocoon
- •Wilfred Brimley was 51 when that movie was made.
- •Either aging has changed radically, or Brimley's brand of "old dude" happened prematurely.
- •Corollary: there seems to be a divide between people who remember the Shannon Doherty/Wilfred Brimley joint "Our House" and those who think Brimley was just Quaker Oats guy.
- •Fans of Bojack Horseman may feel some simpatico between "Horsin' Around" and "Our House."
- •I think Brimley may have been my childhood nemesis (represented everything arbitrary and authoritative I loathed).
- •He was only 51 in Cocoon, did you know that?