TOP TEN MOVIES
For a class. No particular order
- •DriveThe use of quadrants. Nicolas Winding Refn tells a beautiful story.
- •Inside Llewyn DavisSet in a time period that not many people know about with a genre that not many people know about. Greenwich Village, New York in the early 1960's folk scene. Pre-Dylan. A Coen Brothers classic with a fun cast and talented musicians.
- •O Brother Where Art ThouSpeaks for itself.
- •The DepartedScorsese Classic. The use of silence, flip phones, and not knowing what's coming next. Great performances from Leo, Matt, and Jack as well. A Shakespearian tale about the human condition.
- •The Life Aquatic with Steve ZissouFun to watch. Wes Anderson's attention to detail is astonishing and his characters are supremely unique and authentic.
- •Knocked UpJudd Apatow is the comic genius you've never heard of. I love his comedy and his undertones of reality that make this movie serious at times.
- •GoodfellasPlot twist after plot twist after even bigger plot twist. Best ending to a movie I've ever seen maybe.
- •The Darjeeling LimitedFunny
- •School of RockNothing like it.
- •Children of MenSimilar to Birdman but not in the same way. Interesting story.