I Don't Have All the Answers, but I Seriously Like Questions AMA
inspired by...everybody😅 but we all love @shanaz ❤ just a little late to the party
- •Do you believe in soulmates?Suggested by @Zeealist
- •@Zeealist Absolutely. But I don't know that there's one person out there that we're fated to be with. I think love is decisive and I think the person that we're perfect for and the person that is perfect for us is whoever we are the most intentional about loving. I also think that love is subjective so there's no hard rule.
- •What made you want to become a midwife?Suggested by @shanaz
- •@shanaz My family attends a missions church, and so growing up, I had a lot of exposure to people whose entire lives were dedicated to spreading love through service any and everywhere they could. I knew pretty young that this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.But I didn't really know what it was supposed to look like considering there are so many vehicles though which we can effect people. I've never really been a science nerd, but there's something so passionate and empathic about medicine's appreciation of life and endeavors to improve its quality. Why midwifery specifically? I love the holistic and personal approach. I also love babies, and women's health in general is so oft neglected that it just seems so fitting and necessary for me to pursue.
- •How did you come up with your username?Suggested by @jessilee23
- •@jessilee23 I was not expecting this question😂 Well, my name is faith, so the mustard seed part is biblical ("Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20)I wanted it to be musingsofamustardseed because I know how sappy amd introspective I am and I wanted it to embody what I wanted this profile to be about, but that was too many characters😂 so I settled
- •What's your favorite book that you've read in the past year?Suggested by @sarahsmith4
- •@sarahsmith4 After reading A Constellation of Vital Phenomena, I decided that it was my absolute favorite book. It's incredibly simple and beautifully poignant. My favorite part? There are no loose ends for any character introduced at any point in the book. Way cool."But inside us there is a word we cannot pronounce, and that is who we are."
- •What's your favorite movie?Suggested by @lexie_elyse
- •@lexie_elyse Easy! My family is made up of movie buffs, but my favorite happens to be Slumdog Millionaire. I've been told it's pretty heavy to be a favorite, but I don't care. I think I love it so much because it manages to embody all of the best aspects of life. Love, fate, friendship, family. Perfection❤
- •What's your definition of "friend?"A friend is someone who is willing to be as much. I can't ask everyone or expect everyone to be my friend. What I can ask is for them to be friendly.Suggested by @BrentMWiggins
- •@BrentMWiggins You know what, I've actually been warring with this for a while. In all honesty, your answer itself is pretty legit, but I guess I'll give it a shot.My closest friend right now is a girl who I learned to love in a year, and learned to like in 3. It took me a long time to understand why I was willing to let her be such a large part of my life when I couldn't stand her(and for valid reasons. I wasn't just being petty), but I reached a point where I understood that we had the capacity to really effect positive change in each other, despite our drastic differences. And I think that this is friendship in its basest form.