Things radio salespeople should remember
At least in relation to their production folks...
- •Friday is a very busy day for your production department. If it can wait until Monday, don't bother them with it.
- •Scripts should be the correct length. A :30 spot should be around 90 words with all the numbers and websites written out.
- •Submit your request at least 24 hours minimum before your commercial starts so your Production pal can give you the best work possible.
- •Overworked and largely ignored Production Directors appreciate you thinking about their needs on occasion.
- •Proper grammar and clean formatting on your scripts are appreciated.
- •Mind the deadlines. Know that it's YOU who are responsible if you are making a post-deadline request that won't be completed. Own your actions and COMMUNICATE if you want to have these requests completed.