THINGS THAT MADE ME FEEL OLD THIS PAST WEEK
Disclaimer: I am still fairly young, but in a culture that celebrates youth (18-29 at best), I've been feeling considerably older than I probably should, and this week seemed worse than normal.
- •The release of "Fuller House" on Netflix and the "29 years later...." intro on the screen. Eeekkkk
- •DAB - what the heck does this mean? I was hip to the lingo game with "fleek" but I have no inkling on what this new youngster vernacular even means. Watching these Vine stars is entertaining, but some pop culture references are lost on me.
- •I'm currently sitting outside in my backyard hummingbird watching. Nothing says old lady like some good old fashioned bird watching.
- •Two drinks at a bachelorette party last night and I was ready for bed. Ok, maybe it was two drinks and two huge baskets of tortilla chips (that I ate entirely by myself), but nights of shots and 2 am outings are a thing of the past.
- •I was standing in line at a grocery store to buy a bottle of wine, girl directly in front of me is carded by the cashier, I am not asked for my ID. Pretty sure the little ID sign/disclaimer says they ask anyone who looks under the age of 40...and how old does this guy think I look?!
- •Things that made me feel YOUNG this past week: nonexistent.