THINGS I DIDN'T REALIZE WEREN'T APART OF EVERYONE'S CHILDHOODS UNTIL NOW
- •Being on your father's payroll as childI filed magazines at my dad's home office. This is how I earned some cold hard cash.
- •Doing improv at recessSeriously. My group of friends would make up fake commercials and perform them for each other. Our stage was a raised man hole in a nearby field, which is less weird than it sounds.
- •Getting feedback on my performanceI didn't get on the softball team in 7th grade after making the first cut. I went to the coach and asked for critical feedback to see what I could work on. I can't remember if this was my own plan or a suggestion from my parents. Either way, this is not a typical 12 year old move. I took it very seriously.
- •Making a newsletter for your neighborhood.Mostly fake news that I distributed to neighbors.
- •Going to lots of Civil War battlefieldsThanks, Dad.