TOURISTY THINGS I LIKE DOING IN DC
There's a reason tourists go to these places.
- •American Art SmithsonianGotta see the big neon map of the U.S.
- •Going to the top of the Washington MonumentIt only cost $2.50 and the view is amazing.
- •Walking by the White HouseSo much history has happened there! And it's crazy to think it's a 20 minute walk from my house.
- •Eastern MarketNothing better than lazy Sunday afternoon looking at antiques and quirky crafts in the beautiful Capital Hill neighborhood.
- •Going to a Nats gameThis is slightly less touristy, since mostly DMV locals go to these games. Everyone says how transient DC can be, which sometimes creates an illusion there's no sense of community. Going to Nats stadium and watching people get really into supporting their local team shows you the opposite is true.
- •The Kennedy CenterI saw my first show there when I was very young and it had a lasting impact on me. Besides it being beautiful, the Kennedy Center reminds me of how I fell in love with storytelling and theatre.