HOW I SPENT MY TIME AT THE OFFICE CHRISTMAS PARTY
AKA the Annual Morale Booster
- •Said I would participate in a flash mob.I didn't even know these were a thing still.
- •Spent an hour before the party complaining about flash mobs.Wondered why I was always being asked to take part in work-related roasts, performances, etc.
- •Arrived at the party and was greeted by so many ugly Christmas sweaters.Clearly did not get the memo on dressing up. Instead opted for a regular ugly sweater.
- •Sat in the corner and laughed a LOT at the expense of those who were caroling onstage.Felt bad about laughing but okay because I was hidden behind a piano.
- •Waved and smiled and talked about the infamous rumor that we would get to leave early today.This ended up being just a rumor.
- •Decided to stand in line for a fancy latte minutes before the flash mob.I wanted to time this so I'd miss the flash mob and could hide behind my latte.
- •And guess what? It totally worked.
- •The Eye of the Tiger started playing.The flash mob started and I tried to look super worried. 'I'm sorry guys! I can't jump in the conga line, I'm still waiting for a very hot beverage!'
- •I was met with some scowls but it was totally worth it.
- •I would said the flash mob was 10/10.
- •And ended the whole ordeal with an Irish exit.Goodbye friends!