Already on li.st? Open in app.
Not to be confused with a list of who I think the *best* guitar players of all time are, this list is my personal favorites. Much cleaner. Although please note many of these gentlemen would be on the other list, too. Presented in no order, other than the first guy listed.
- •Stevie Ray VaughanTone. Passion. The greatest player of all time. SRV is why I started playing the guitar. The ultimate Texas blues player.
- •John Mayer (@john)Possibly the most *talented* player on this list. Acoustic and electric, across genres, Mayer is the best note-for-note I've ever heard. He can play any style and play it well. There's literally nothing guy can't do.
- •SlashThe greatest hard rock player ever. Slash brought restraint (believe it or not) to Guns and his tasty solos like in November Rain made just another really good Sunset Strip hard rock band into the greatest hard rock band of all time.
As requested by @BrianClasby, here are the first 10 items I would buy if I won the $403 million Powerball. As a disclaimer, I know the right answer is to first give to charity and give to others, but that's not a fun list.
- •Miami Beach house$29.5mm
- •Newtown Square, PA house$3.7mm
- •Tribeca loft$5.75mm
A 2016 update to my favorite list to create of the past year. This list requires a lot of reflection, but it's so worth it.
- •TV Series (Weekly): WestworldYeah, me and everyone else, I know. But just like last year's pick in this category was Jonathan Nolan's Person of Interest, Mr. Nolan takes the cake again. Needless to say the acting and cinematography were out of this world. But more important, Nolan - just like with Person of Interest - has a sharp and stylish criticism and warning of the dangers of AI. I'm sufficiently frightened because I don't think this is as science fiction-y as people might think.
- •TV Series (Streaming): WorkaholicsCliche, but where have I been on this?
- •TV Show (Binge): Shark TankIf Shank Tank is on, I'm watching it. I am the show's biggest fan.
Right now Yacht Rock, also affectionately known as Boat Music, is in heavy rotation on my iPod. It's impossible to let the heat get to you when listening to this shit. Don't know where to start? Here, I'll make a mixtape for you.
- 1.Brandy - Looking Glass
- 2.I'd Really Love to See You Tonight - England Dan and John Ford Coley
- 3.Nights Are Forever - England Dan and John Ford Coley
A power ranking of the best restaurants in my hometown right now. (Surrounding suburbs included.)
- 1.Wm. Mulheirn's SonsFishtown
- 2.Barclay PrimeRittenhouse Square
- 3.Ralph's Italian RestaurantItalian Market
Ordered by date, descending. @RollingStone @EW. Wanted to cut at five but couldn't.
- •Mumford & Sons - 2017, BB&T Pavilion, Camden, NJEvery song - and I mean *every* single song - was out of this world. Even the thunderstorm delay didn't puta damper on what was an incredible concert where I heard almost every song from one of my favorite albums.
- •Frankie Ballard - 2016, Chameleon Club, Lancaster, PAPossibly one of the most underrated guitar players in the world. FB is a rock star, simply put. Frankie broke out Sweet Time and Good and Gold - my two favorite on his new album - for the first time on tour. It was probably me pestering him to do so, but it was awesome to see in person. In fact, he broke out a few other previously unplayed songs on the tour. Hanging out after the show talking guitars and pedals was a fun time too.
- •Gary Clark Jr - 2015, Sherman Theater, Stroudsburg, PAIf JM is the best guitar player in the world today, GCJ is a close second. He played the Sherman Theater in bumblefuck nowhere Pennsylvania to presumably test out some new stuff. The small venue and him refusing to turn down, meant I got my face melted off in the front row. And I loved it.
Inspired by @Bourdain, the material things I just can't get out of my mind. An evolving list.
- •Land Rover Defender 90Arles blue, white top. No further explanation needed.
- •Martin HD-28I've been pretty much only into electric for the last few years but that's changing a bit. I'm finding myself wanting to play some simple stuff like Dead Flowers or Take It Easy. And this is *the* acoustic to own in my opinion. A classic, beautiful workhorse of a guitar.
- •Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Ceramic Perpetual Calendar 26579CEOh my god is this good looking. A ceramic Royal Oak Offshore is pretty cool itself, but an actual on-bracelet Royal Oak in full ceramic? Holy shit. This is just sensational.
- •In-N-Out BurgerDouble-double, animal style. Animal style fries. Black and white shake. Never had it. Need to see if the hype is worth it.
As requested by @BrianClasby.
- 1.Employee chicken sandwichStale roll, overcooked grilled chicken breast, half-melted sharp cheddar cheese, microwaved bacon, red onion.
- 2.Employee chicken tendersPicture the worst chicken tenders you've ever had at a snack bar or Applebee's/Chili's/etc and these were worse. Further points deducted for the bad honey mustard.
- 3.Bonus pick: Non-employee quesadillasAlthough not on the employee menu, an order you could sometimes sneak in. Actually pretty good quesadillas.
Inspired by @gwcoffey, my favorite movies from the past 26 years that I have been alive. This was the toughest list I have done so far. Some years had so many good movies, others seemingly had none. Regardless, here we go.
- •1990: Goodfellas
- •1991: The Silence of the Lambs
- •1992: A Few Good Men
The natural successor to the Top 5 list
- •Peach and Sausage Breakfast Cobbler
- •Beef Tips
- •Chuck Roast