BEST MODERN ROGUE-LIKES
- •The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. I think I could play this game all year and still just scratch the surface of the different item combinations. Every game is different.
- •Sword of the Stars: The Pit. Graphics are mediocre , the user interface is pretty terrible, the learning curve is steep with little handholding, it's absurdly difficult.... It checks all the boxes of being a great rogue-like.
- •Rogue Legacy. A unique take on the genre, this is a tight Castlevania like game with great replayability.
- •Risk of Rain. Plenty of fun, but can't find the time to get into it.
- •Don't Starve. The goal is to not starve. I am very good at that. I am bad at not being eaten by pigmen though.
- •Shattered Planet. Kind of a simpler game, keeps me entertained.
- •Hero Siege. Too many bugs and too clunky an interface, but the idea of a kind of a rogue-like Smash TV is great.
- •Spelunky. People swear by this game. I am not one of them.