ADVICE THAT MAY MAKE ME SOUND LIKE A BAD MOM BUT THAT MAY ALSO MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER WITH A NEWBORN
I have no business giving advice. Yet here I am. I have a newborn. It's been awesome and awful. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
- •Perfectly ok to not shower for days.
- •Perfectly ok to not bathe the baby until they smell.
- •Perfectly ok to eat Nutella for like three meals in a row.
- •Perfectly ok to cry because you're tired/overwhelmed/because your ass still hurts from birth/because breastfeeding hurts/because you're not sure you can do this/because.
- •Perfectly ok to miss your old life and to wish you had it back.
- •Perfectly ok to stare at your baby instead of sleeping because you're so obsessed.
- •Perfectly ok to let your baby sleep on your chest because IT'S THE ONLY WAY.
- •Perfectly ok to have nothing to talk about bc you have not left the house in a month and your only Internet activity has been to find out about baby's poo, eating, or sleeping habits.
- •Perfectly ok to drink a beer. One beer will not hurt your baby.
- •Perfectly ok to pump and bottle feed or to do formula. Your love and bond with your baby are bigger than a tit, and if you're in extreme pain, do NOT let mommy forums, lactation consultants or relatives make you feel inadequate because you went bottle. Fuck that. Your baby deserves a happy and balanced mom with still-attached nipples.
- •Perfectly ok to love your new life and hate your new life at the same time.
- •Perfectly ok to not do the dishes.
- •Perfectly ok to put on mascara the first time you get to go to c-town because YOU ARE OUT OF THE HOUSE.
- •Perfectly ok to forgive yourself a lot. And be as kind to you as you are to your baby.
- •Perfectly ok to tell me to fuck off and come up with your own advice.