HOW I SURVIVE AT WORK
Being in a nursing home is sad. Working in a nursing home is even sadder. This is what keeps me going.
- •Awesome musicSee future list, "songs played on my work's radio station".
- •CoffeeX2 cups. 😁
- •List making at my deskThis app is a god send
- •Working on my Spanish skillsMi espanol es horrible, pero es mejor porque de mi trabajo. Will come in handy during vacations and will be a good resume booster.
- •Dementia patientsDementia is a very sad disease, but people with dementia are typically fun to work with. They have a child like energy and I don't know how to describe it other than fun. It is, trust me. Maybe it's because you have to improvise with them as denying their reality can set them off.
- •Stroke patientsNothing is more satisfying than seeing a stroke patient gain strength and function back in their arm.
- •ComedyOld people and my coworkers laugh at anything.
- •CoworkersSome annoying, some pretty great and genuinely make my day at times.
- •Really wonderful patientsI couldn't care less for most of my patients. But there are a few that capture my heart and are a joy to work with. They make my day.