I FINISHED MASTER OF NONE! HERE ARE MY FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT IT!
I felt like this show was similar to eating chocolate flourless cake; so rich and so good and I just eat it up. I'm gonna keep the first three items spoiler free (you're welcome).
- •The cast.A bunch of UCB and Netflix folk and Aziz's parents and just great casting overall! The diversity is so refreshing.
- •The height difference between Dev and Arnold.So relatable as that's the height difference between me and most of my friends. #TallLife
- •The emotions!Like my heart hurt during most of these episodes.
- •It's essentially how a male driven rom com should be written.I feel like male driven rom coms never work. They are always so tropey and usually sexist to some degree? Anyway, great job Aziz!
- •The old people episode.As someone who works with the elderly on the reg, it was a very sweet and well written episode.
- •Paro!I did read about Paro in school and it was cool to see it on the show! Very cute, I want 3.
- •Harris Wittels.I got emotional when I saw his name on the screen as I either forgot or wasn't sure he was involved in this project but yes, good emotional surprise.
- •When Aziz and Arnold spend an hour looking for restaurants on Yelp.As that's my friends and I 24/7.
- •Feminism!!!Wait what feminism being portrayed well on television? Yes!!!
- •The honesty.I love how honest Dev's character is.
- •The parents episode.It makes me really appreciate my parents and especially my grandparents and I should probably call them.
- •Other little minor details.Title sequence, fonts, music, cinematography, nyc...A+++
- •It's the perfect show for people in their late 20s/early 30s.It just is.