Let me tell you how I got into improv...
Inspired by @Lisa_Fav
- •I've been obsessed with it since I was a child watching Whose Line.Thinking "I could NEVER do that."
- •I had a late bloomer comedy phase in 2010.It was a new thing to get into after I quit Division II Basketball.
- •I was taken to my first UCB show in 2011.John & Scott, still my favorite show at the theater to this day. Mind was blown.
- •In grad school I tried stand up. I wasn't terrible at it but wasn't good at it either.I disliked the prep and the whole catering to your audience thing. I essentially did a very alt set to a very mom crowd, which turned me off from stand up all together.
- •I went to shows when I could, DCM and all.
- •Moved to lower Westchester August 2015, took my first improv class in September.Thinking "let's give it a shot and see where it leads to"
- •I haven't stopped as I am currently in 401.Ugh I love it so much. The quick thinking, being honest and emotionally involved in your scenework, it is so fun.
- •I'm also on a kickass indie team who performs a few times a month.
- •Overall it's changed my life (made me more emotionally open as a person and empathetic).You should take a class.