SONGS OF MY CHILDHOOD
Songs I distinctly recall being obsessed with as a child, primarily from 1997-2001.
- •Say My Name- Destiny's ChildSuch a great song, but even better music video. So many colors and different colored rooms and different fierce poses!
- •Aaron's Party (Come Get It)- Aaron CarterYoung boy throws party, shenanigans ensue, height of the Carter popularity. Such a fun song! Also fun fact; saw him sing this live in 2013 at a free concert which was quite the experience.
- •All Star-Smash MouthI knew the words to this entire song; I still know the words to this entire song.
- •Summer Girls-LFOI remember my older cousin Jen explaining to me the deep meanings to lyrics of this song..."when he says 'When I met you I said my is Rich, you look like a girl from Abercrombie and Fitch', it's because Abercrombie and Fitch is an expensive store." Not because the singer's name is Rich and it conveniently rhymes with Abercrombie and Fitch. Also fun/sad fact: Rich died in 2010.
- •Barbie Girl-AquaProbably the first song I knew all the lyrics to and sang obnoxiously in the car. Sorry for that mom.
- •Fly-Sugar RayI remember I asked for the Sugar Ray album for my 11th birthday. My aunt did not get it because it had a parental advisory warning. That was very upsetting.
- •The Thong Song-SisqoI had no clue what I was listening to and singing along to and did my parents know what I was listening to?
- •No Scrubs-TLCI remember vividly this was one of the first songs I listened to with a swear in it, and would skip over singing the word "ass".
- •It Wasn't MeAgain, I had no clue what I was listening to or singing!
- •I'm Blue- Eiffel 65God I feel so sorry to all the third grade teachers out there at the time of this song's release.