Things I don't want in my wedding.
As my high school peers are all getting married, I've noticed some things that I've wanted in my wedding before that I don't want now or things I have never wanted at all. Note that this is personal to me and I'm not shunning anyone who wants any of these things or has had any of these things.
- •A ton of bridesmaids.As someone who has in mind at least 8 people for potential bridesmaids-ship, I think it's too much now and it shows indecisiveness on my part. I think I'm gonna stick to 2 or 3 now.
- •A big wedding.Ugh it's too much money and too much to get together. I'm definitely sticking to 50 or less.
- •A choreographed dance.Are you fucking kidding me? Ugh. How original.
- •Engagement Photos.Really unnecessary.
- •Tossing the bouquet.Nah son.
- •A white dress.True life, never have wanted one, and never will. Probably will go for champagne or a pale blush color.
- •High school friends.Other than my sisters best friend who I was also friends with in high school, no one from high school shall be in attendance at my wedding. Which will be a great thing.
- •*Addendum: I probably won't get married as I'm highly selective and will probably be single forever.
- •**Second addendum: I find it interesting how the mean age for a woman to get married is 27, yet out of all my friends, 1 is getting married, 1 is in a serious relationship, and the rest are all single. Side note that my friends involved in this study span from 23-37. (The one getting married is 26 and the one in a serious relationship is 27)