Things that have happened now my work schedule has changed.
Changing schedules (not on my part) from a 7:15-3:45 to 9:15 to 5:45 has been crazy different for me. I've been on this schedule for about a month now, and it's weird how it's changed my habits.
- •Sleep (old schedule)Wake up at 6:15, take a 26 minute naps once I was home at 4:20 so the rest of the day I would be rested. Bed time at 12-12:30
- •Sleep (new schedule)Wake up at 8. Sleep at 12. Rely more on coffee
- •Coffee (old schedule)One cup in the morning, occasional second if I was feeling feisty (or not feeling feisty)
- •Coffee (new schedule)2-3 cups a day. 4 occasionally.
- •Food (old schedule)Was super on point with diet, ate dinner at 5 like the old lady I am.
- •Food (new schedule)I've gained weight since a month ago as I snack more on the sweets patients bring in more to keep me going. Also tend to eat dinner at a normal time or in the car (pb&j yum 😐) while going into the city
- •Extracurriculars (old schedule)Took my sweet ass time getting into the city, usually via metro north.
- •Extracurriculars (new schedule)As I get out at 5:45 and most things I do are at 7:30 in the city, I quick change at work and drive in, typically trying to defeat evening traffic.
- •Work (old schedule)Had to do an evaluation each morning. Was with my coworkers all the time (not the biggest fan of most of them). Had a 6 perm patient caseload.
- •Work (new schedule)No evals! Only 4 perm patients and 2 hours of "compliance" (time that patients on any unit that need to be made up). Quiet gym after 3:30.
- •Traffic (old schedule)17-19 minutes to and 19-24 from work
- •Traffic (new schedule)23-30 minutes to and 19-26 from work.
- •Mornings (old schedule)Up by 6:15, out the door by 6:30 (everything super prepared, breakfast i would eat in the car, I wear scrubs so not too tough of a morning prep)
- •Mornings (new schedule)Up by 8, out the door by 8:35. I love enjoying my mornings. Make eggs, watch some tv. 😎
- •Verdict: I like it, as long as I'm allowed to alternate my schedule earlier on occasion for the important things (improv shows and classes).