Foods That I Used to Love When I Was Younger but Wouldn't Eat Now
- •International CoffeesSipping these instant coffee drinks when I was in my teens made me feel highly sophisticated and I actually thought that Europeans drank "Swiss Mocha" and "Café Vienna." I'm glad I know better now.
- •Chocolate VelamintsIf I think about Chocolate Velamints for too long I start to have a flavor memory! Ugh, no thanks! My friend Kelly and I used to go through several packs a week in high school. At some point we just got sick of them.
- •Easy Cheese!Easy Cheese is soft, processed cheese in a can that oozes out through a nozzle. Appetizing, right? In college, Stacy and I would have it on crackers as our hor d'oeuvres before heading down to the cafeteria for dinner. A fitting start to a meal that was similar in quality.
- •ZimaZima was a clear, malt beverage that was similar to wine coolers, but less fruity. It was introduced while I was a junior in college and the cases were very cheap at the local grocery store, so my roommates and I became instant fans.
- •Hostess piesLet's face it, our teens and early 20s were great because we could eat just about anything with no consequences. (Unless you had some annoying allergies.) I couldn't convince my mother buy these pies at the grocery store, so I used to get one at my high school cafeteria almost every day after lunch.
- •Grape Bubble YumThis gum tasted more like a sugar explosion than anything remotely related to a grape. I guess that's why I liked it so much, plus, it was purple. It was the only thing I ever attempted to shoplift when I was a child.