Top Ten Positive Things About Being Underemployed
My recent job situation inspired this list. I can't say it's been easy to deal with but relying on my sense of humor helps.
- •Sock drawer? Organized by color AND length!
- •Knowing when to time your visit to avoid "Hobo Hour" at the laundromat.
- •"It's five o'clock somewhere!"
- •That look of surprise on the delivery person's face when you actually open the door to accept a package.
- •Loosing sense of what day it is can make you feel like a Dr. Who sidekick.
- •The excitement of wondering "no job?" or "new job?", you never know what might happen!
- •Your cat likes you again.
- •Getting a couple of extra hours of "me time" when you wake up at 3 a.m. and can't get back to sleep.
- •Upon hearing your career update, friends buy you food and drinks.
- •Plenty of time to discover and use new social media apps for fun and infotainment.