Top Ten Positive Things About Being Underemployed
My recent job situation inspired this list. I can't say it's been easy to deal with but relying on my sense of humor helps.
- 10.Sock drawer? Organized by color AND length!
- 9.Knowing when to time your visit to avoid "Hobo Hour" at the laundromat.
- 8."It's five o'clock somewhere!"
- 7.That look of surprise on the delivery person's face when you actually open the door to accept a package.
- 6.Loosing sense of what day it is can make you feel like a Dr. Who sidekick.
- 5.The excitement of wondering "no job?" or "new job?", you never know what might happen!
- 4.Your cat likes you again.
- 3.Getting a couple of extra hours of "me time" when you wake up at 3 a.m. and can't get back to sleep.
- 2.Upon hearing your career update, friends buy you food and drinks.
- 1.Plenty of time to discover and use new social media apps for fun and infotainment.