EIGHT KITCHEN ITEMS I SIMPLY CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT
- 1.A good cutting boardI have an amazing and handy dad who made me a beautiful wood one, but the regular store-bought kind will do too.
- 2.A plethora of vinegarsI love vinegar and always have at least 3 types of it in my pantry - it brings so much flavor to everything. I make all of my salad dressings from scratch - my go-to simple dressing recipe is red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, crushed garlic, olive oil & sea salt. You can add some Dijon and/or grainy mustard, too.
- 3.A mason jarBeloved by basics and hipsters alike, mason jars have got to be one of my favorite things to have in the kitchen. They make it so easy to make salad dressing (see above) - just throw all of your ingredients into the jar, screw the lid on super tight and shake!
- 4.Greek yogurtExcellent for breakfast with walnuts, blueberries and honey. Also a yummy, much healthier substitute for sour cream. I like to mix it with a little Pico Pica to make a creamy, spicy sauce you can throw on anything.
- 5.A Magic BulletEasy to use, easy to clean and doesn't take up much space. Probably the first thing I'd rescue if we ever had a fire.
- 6.LentilsEasy to prepare and packed with protein, lentils are a great thing to have around. I like to throw them in a salad or serve them under a curry or stew.
- 7.Ghirardelli brownie mix + liqueur of your choiceThe best way to take a brownie to the next level at the last minute is to add alcohol. Right now I've got a bottle of amaretto but you could also throw in some Kahlua or Chambord.
- 8.One giant bowlI love having friends over and having one big bowl makes it easy to serve pasta at a dinner party or put out epic quantities of popcorn for a girls' night in (naturally accompanied by wine in both cases). Always go a size bigger than what you think you'll need.