THE NINE STAGES OF PSEUDOMONAS PANIC
- •Stage 1: Receive LA Times alert regarding tainted scope outbreak at Huntington MemorialYou can read the article here if you are so inclined: http://lat.ms/1HY8Bpb
- •Stage 2: Google "pseudomonas infection" and learn that it has a high mortality rate and can be easily spread in a hospital environment
- •Stage 3: Begin piecing the crazy puzzle togetherMuch like the sensational @lenadunham, I suffered from a UTI last week. My UTI was gone at this point but I was feeling achy and feverish. WHAT IF I had pseudomonas?! I work in a hospital. My boyfriend works in a hospital. I visited my doctor at her hospital last week for said UTI. WHAT IF I had picked up some gross hospital germs and am now going to die?????
- •Stage 4: Complete the crazy puzzle and hop aboard the crazy trainWhy did I wear this super cute cobalt blue a-line dress today? If I go into sepsis right here at work and have to get transported they'll just shred it with trauma shears. I love this dress! And I'll never be able to wear it again!
- •Stage 5: A brief moment of resignationAt least I brought my tablet with me today. I'll have plenty of reading material in the hospital. And I'll most likely get some really lovely flower arrangements out of this too.
- •Stage 6: Text boyfriend above incoherent ramblings
- •Stage 7: He asks me a few questions and tells me that in all likelihood I'm totally fine and that I should probably call my own doctor, since he is only a first year resident and doesn't know everything (yet).This is good enough for me, even though it's only coming from a first year resident.
- •Stage 8: Stop panicking and celebrate my new lease on life by eating 3 M&Ms
- •Stage 9: Go back to what I was doing before Stage 1, which was browsing Goop while I should have been working